Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web server hosted by a website hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glance at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to run a web portal, e-mail addresses, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various hosts, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly untrue explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the workload between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different website hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some providers provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a big amount of pics with comrades or colleagues since the service is typically free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your email addresses. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many videos as you want without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At The Claypoole Group, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for specific content exclusively.